IAF develops public awareness and information campaigns
Radioactivity causes concerns and requires explanation. For many years, IAF has been providing the public with facts-based information, listened to questions and alleviated unfounded concerns. This has greatly helped our clients who ask for our advice and support in the following areas:
- Involvement and information of the general public on radioactivity and radon.
- Project-related information, e.g., during the investigation of contaminated sites or remediation measures.
- Stakeholder involvement, public information plans and campaigns to inform citizens and employers on radioactivity at home and at work.
- Preparation and moderation of public meetings, discussion rounds with workers and residents of radioactively contaminated areas, uranium legacy sites etc.
Examples of our successful work in this area include the following:
- Information campaign on radon protection „Von Grund auf sicher” ("Safe from the ground up") of the Land of Baden-Württemberg.
- Public information concept of the Land of Thuringia for the definition of radon protection areas.
- Support to Saxore Mining in their public information strategy on radon at the Pöhla mine.
- Information campaign for radon measurements and remediation of homes in Mailuu Suu (Kyrgyzstan).
- „Train-the-trainer” programmes with Aarhus Centers in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan for the remediation of uranium legacy sites on behalf of UNDP and OSCE.